Applications are hereby invited from eligible candidates as University Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne (UP1), France is partnering with Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), Netherlands to achieve universal health coverage, including financial risk protection, access to quality essential health-care services and to safe, effective and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all as one of the Targets of SDG 3 for 2030.
The research will focus on selected African countries. The project involves a strong collaboration between the Centre d’Economie de la Sorbonne at UP1 and the International Institute of Social Studies of EUR and therefore includes mandatory research stays of the ESR in The Hague for six months in total.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University Paris PhD Scholarship Research in Universal health coverage in West Africa;
- Applicants can be of any nationality but must not have resided or carried out any main activity (work, studies, etc.)
- Applicants must have less than 4 years of postgraduate research experience at the time of recruitment.
- Recruiting is in accordance with the European rules of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN regulations for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs).
- Applicants shall demonstrate a proven interest in interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral research as well as a specific interest in the ADAPTED research areas as evidenced by the application documents.
- A previous degree (Master or equivalent) from a recognized university which qualifies for doctoral studies.
- Graded at least upper 2nd or equivalent, in a subject relevant for the planned doctoral studies (Economics, Social or Political Science, Law, and related relevant disciplines).
The benefits of the University Paris PhD Scholarship Research in Universal health coverage in West Africa include the following;
- Successful candidates will be offered a full-time position for duration of 36 months.
- Living allowance: The basic gross amount of the living allowance is EUR 3 270 per month.
- Allowance for books and instructional materials
- Mobility allowance of EUR 600 per month
- Family allowance of EUR 500 per month for ESRs
How-to-Apply: Eligible candidates for University Paris PhD Scholarship Research in Universal health coverage in West Africa who meet the application requirements above can proceed to complete application process by the following steps:
- Please submit your application electronically (one pdf-file) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-extendable deadline for applications is 31.03.2021 at 23:00 pm (GET).
- Applicants shortlisted for telephone interviews will be notified by 30.04.2021
- Telephone/video interviews will take place during the first half of May.
- All applicants will receive notifications about the results of the ADAPTED selection procedure by 15.05.2021.
- Offer letters will send until 15.06.2021.
- The recruitment procedure will close and the EJD programme will start on 01.09.2021.
- Motivation letter (max. 2 pages) which includes a statement explaining the interest in the particular ESR project the application is referring to (1st priority ESR). Applicants interested in more than just one ESR project should share this information in the motivation letter by indicating a 2nd and max. 3rd
- Current CV (please use the Europass template)
- Certified copies of relevant university degree certificates and related detailed transcripts of records.
- Recognised English language proficiency certificate (equivalent to CEFR level C1 = TOEFL 94, IELTS 7)
- Short literature review (4-5 pages) linked to the topic of the ESR project which is the 1st priority of the applicant.
- At least two current academic recommendation letters.
- Copy of the passport valid at least until the end of 2021. Applicants with two or more nationalities can use just one passport and apply only once.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Visit the Official Website for Further Details