Applications are hereby invited as each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries.
Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS). The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or PhD and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
The following types of scholarships will be awarded to either for foreign scholars and artists respectively;
- The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology, as well as the four research institutes. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland. Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists;
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be admitted into Masters or PhD program.
- Hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD program;
- Applicants must hold (or are about to obtain) a undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- Ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- Must have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
The benefits of the fully-funded scholarships of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists will cover:
- Fully-funded scholarship
- All university tuition fees at the international rate; health insurance, air fare, housing allowance etc.
How-to-Apply: All interested and eligible applicants seeking for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2021-2022 are expected to apply and be given an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a Masters or PhD in any Swiss public university, thereafter can proceed to visit www.sbfi.admin.ch/scholarships_eng to apply for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: not specified
Visit the Official Website for Further Details