The Schwarzman Scholars Program 2022-2023 is now open and welcomes applications from individuals around the globe. Young and energetic individuals with leadership potential and brilliant academic records stand the chance of being awarded the Schwarzman Scholarship to study in China.
Every year, a new class of about 200 scholars is selected to represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential who will serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world.
This is a yearly scholarship program offering a fully funded opportunity to study in China. The cohort of global leaders reflects the diversity, vibrancy and promise of the world at large. Schwarzman Scholars embrace the opportunity to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions. Candidates who are most qualified to meet the high demands of the program must exhibit excellence in the following areas:
- Leadership Abilities
- Exemplary Character & Integrity
- Academic Aptitude & Intellectual Ability
- Empathy & Intercultural Competency
- Open Mindedness
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
In addition to demonstrating extraordinary leadership skills, the ability to anticipate and act on trends and changes in their context, strong intellectual capacity, and exemplary character, candidates must meet the following criteria.
- Must have an Undergraduate Degree: Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome.
- Must be 18-28 Years of Age: Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year (for the current selection cycle, as of August 1, 2022).
- Must be Proficient in the English Language: Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.
How-to-Apply: For US/Global applicants, click here to apply before. For applicants with Chinese passports, please click here to apply.
U.S. AND GLOBAL APPLICANTS:
- Application period: Apr 2021 – Sep 2021
- Selections: Nov 2021
- Classes begin: Aug 2022
APPLICANTS WITH CHINESE PASSPORTS:
- Application period: Jan 2021 – May 2021
- Selections: Sept 2021
- Classes begin: Aug 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details