Applications are sought from ambitious executives with a minimum of 3 years experience who come from a broad range of specialist areas and who want to develop their expertise in the areas of supply chain, account management, retail and foodservice in the global food industry. You will undertake overseas placements with some of the world’s leading global retail companies, while gaining an internationally recognised Masters. Placements are overseas, at the headquarters of the world’s leading retail and other food firms, such as Marks & Spencer, Sodexo, Sainsbury’s and Tesco among others.
They have assembled the world’s best food industry educators from business schools including Harvard, IMD, NYU Stern and UCD Smurfit School.
With Brexit and other challenges currently facing the Irish food industry it has never been more crucial for industry practitioners to be well educated in one of the most important business and export channels – the international retail sector.
Worth of Award
This is a full scholarship programme. All tuition fees are paid and, in addition, you receive a tax-free bursary of €28,000 per 12 months. (Bursary is approximate and depends on the location assigned).
- Successful candidates will be resilient self-starters with demonstrable records of self-motivation and self-discipline. In addition, they will:
- Have a min. of 3 years’ professional experience, ideally including a role(s) in supply chain, commercial, retail management, business development/ sales; client management; marketing; key account management; project management; communications; consultancy; or similar;
- Hold a primary degree with 2.1 honours result from a recognised/ relevant third-level institution;
- Be committed to relocating overseas for approximately 15 months;
- Be driven to pursue a career in retail management and the food industry;
- Be committed to learning and professional development;
- Have leadership potential with strength in communications, listening, presentation, influencing, relationship management, self-motivation, management, independence, resourcefulness, diplomacy, business development, self-motivation, proactivity, commercial awareness, relationship building, among other areas of leadership potential;
- Have shown interest/background in the retail and/or food industry through relevant memberships, networks, interest groups, projects, awards and/or background in the industry;
- Be committed to a career in the food industry.
- Have fluency in a second language (not an absolute requirement).
How to Apply
- There are 10 places available on this programme. Interested participants must be available if selected to take part in the interview and assessment process around April/ May 2019 in Dublin (attendance on one day is required – exact dates to be confirmed) and if successful must be ready to commence the programme 8th July 2019.
- If you have any queries about this programme, please contact a member of their team on +35317168889, email [email protected]
- Apply Now by sending your CV to [email protected] and please let them know what programme or programmes you are interested in applying for.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing, apply immediately.