Application Deadline: May 13th 2018
For the third year in a row, Le Monde is kicking off its urban innovation competition. The Le Monde Smart Cities Awards are intended to promote the best urban transformation projects deserving to receive greater attention, so that others can follow their example, adapting it if necessary to their own context.
As a company, municipality, association, student, individual, perhaps you have considered or started implementing an original and effective solution for your urban environment. Le Monde invites you introduce your project and apply for one of the Le Monde Smart Cities awards.
Smart and sustainable cities are aimed at improving services and quality of living, resilience, environmental protection, cost-cutting, and deeper democracies; they foster effective integration of information technologies all the while fundamentally drawing inspiration from the expectations and participation of citizens.
Le Monde invites individuals, companies, foundations, NGOs, municipalities, public entities and students to submit a project in the following categories :
· Energy : a project that seeks to reduce the carbon footprint of cities.
· Citizen engagement : an initiative whereby citizens play a role in developing and managing physical and/or virtual urban spaces and services.
· Housing and urban planning : innovation in urban living space.
· Mobility : initiative that facilitates sustainable and human mobility.
· Cultural action : social and digital innovation with a cultural impact.
· Urban innovation : Social, technological or circular innovation applied to a city.
For More Information:
Deadline: 30 June 2019 The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study..