The School of Oriental & African Studies(SOAS) in University of London is inviting application for its Kamran Djam Scholarships for UK/EU and Overseas fee-paying SOAS students in 2019.
SOAS University of London is the leading Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa, and the Near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. With their vast repository of knowledge and expertise in their specialist regions, they are uniquely placed to inform and shape current thinking about the economic, political, cultural, security and religious challenges of our world.
The University’s programmes are taught by respected academics engaged in fieldwork and research which influences government policy and the lives of individuals across the globe. SOAS scholars grapple with the pressing issues confronting two-thirds of humankind today: democracy, development, economy, finance, public and corporate policy, human rights, migration, identity, legal systems, poverty, religion, and social change.
Worth of Award
- The MPhil/PhD scholarship is paid for 3 years.
- The MA Iranian Studies is paid for one year (or two years if part-time).
- The MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian for two years (or four years if part-time).
- The Undergraduate scholarship is paid for one year.
- Applicants for the BA scholarships must expect to be awarded a first class Honours Degree. Applicants who expect an upper second class degree may also apply, but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MA Scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with a non-UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a 2.1 may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a masters degree with a mark of Distinction from a UK university. Applicants with a non-UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a mark of merit may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must have demonstrated in the research proposal of their application for admission that their research is in one of the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas fee-paying full-time students.
- In order to be considered for the MPhil/PhD & MA scholarships, applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Iranian Studies/ MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
How to Apply
Applicants should follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Apply for your programme: Applicants for the MPhil/PhD and MA scholarships only must submit a complete online application for admission and have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Iranian Studies/MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 18 February 2019).
- You must apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants for the BA scholarships only: In addition to the online scholarship application form, you will also need two references. Please send the reference form to each of your referees together with a copy of your completed scholarship application form.
Deadline: Application closes April 1, 2019.