Johnson & Johnson is offering scholarships to attend the One Young World Summit holding in London from 21-25 October 2019.
For the third year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact, the team who leads the global partnership for Johnson & Johnson with OYW, is collaborating with OYW to offer scholarships to 12 young health leaders across the globe to participate in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
The Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact team supports and champions people on the frontlines who are at the heart of delivering care. The team believes that changing the trajectory of health for humanity requires putting people first, so that communities and health systems have the ability to address the health needs of the world’s most vulnerable people.
Through its global and community-based partnerships and programs, the Team aims to support the next generation of global and community-based health leaders to develop the skills and tools they need to drive health and well-being in underserved communities.
Worth of Award
- As well as attending the upcoming 2019 One Young World Summit, scholarship recipients will receive individual coaching from senior Johnson & Johnson executives to further develop their aspiration, strategy and/or initiatives.
- In addition, all J&J OYW scholars are buddied with a team of 2019 J&J delegates over the course of the six-month program to help build and strengthen the capacity of the Scholar, through the sharing of their skills and knowledge.
Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 21-25 October inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Applicants must be working on the front lines of delivering care and dedicated to health and care giving to underserved populations and communities.
- You can be a nurse, midwife, community health worker, a doctor, a social entrepreneur, a digital health expert, or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or a nongovernmental organization.
- If selected, Health Care Professionals classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer and may be required to undergo an additional health care compliance approval process by Johnson & Johnson before their scholarship can be confirmed.
How to Apply
- Application is done by filling out an online form.
- Please note that you will be unable to save your responses and edit them later, so they recommend saving your responses in an offline document before submitting your application.
Deadline: Applications close May 6, 2019.