One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategy & Operations Analyst
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Career Level: Professionals
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- We are looking for a motivated project analyst to join our Rwanda Finance & Strategy team.
- You will work on short-medium term projects across multiple functions to solve complex operational, strategic and financial problems to support long term strategy.
About the Role
- We are looking for a motivated project analyst to join our our Strategic Projects team sitting in the Rwanda Strategy & Finance department.
- You will work on short-medium term projects across multiple functions to solve complex operational, strategic and financial problems to increase farmer impact, improve operations and achieve higher sustainability. You will be creating structure out of ambiguity.
- With so many varied projects, no day is ever the same, and the role includes exposure to high-level strategy, working within different departments, and getting into the field.
- You will report to the Strategic Projects Manager and take on full ownership of projects, from planning, through to execution and follow-up, often working directly with project partners, including sometimes the Country/Deputy-Country Directors.
- The projects will vary depending on program priorities and project complexities, but you will manage anywhere from 2-5 projects at any given time, and are expected to handle any type of project – from quantitative modelling to primary research – with a focus of analyzing and solving the problem at hand.
- You may be asked to take on direct management responsibilities within our growing team of analysts. Longer-term, there will also be opportunities to lead increasingly large projects or join/lead a department you are supporting.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in strategy (financial, operational, business, or other), management consulting, or similar style project experience, and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission.
- Strong educational background; bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Technical skills; Advanced Office/Google Suite, especially Excel (can perform complex functions). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to understand complex concepts quickly and to learn fast
- You have at least one year of experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English Required (Kinyarwanda is also very useful).
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role.
- However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits.
Application Closing Date
27th June 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives