Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Depart: Monitoring and Evaluation
Level: Mid Level
Proposed start date: May 2021
Contract duration: 5 months
Direct Line Manager: Deputy Head of M&E
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a Research Officer to join our team in our Damaturu office.
- This person will lead the successful production of evidence-based data, support to the decision making process for strategic orientation, conduct a comparative analysis of the FSL component of the project, information management, documentation and sharing of key research findings.
- Producing high quality and varied research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis, report writing and presentations where necessary on project operations.
- Maintaining database of all research activities/interventions.
- Archiving all finalized research work plans, monthly action plans, and updated databases related to all research activities.
- Analyze and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with AAH M&E Units for appropriate guidance on procedures such as defining research agenda, and methodologies, defining and validation of data tools for use in various research program activities.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with other technical sector lead during all research processes.
- Conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis of data collected through interviews, focus groups workshops or other methods.
- Carrying out desktop research, using a range of methods and sources of data, related to inequality and social innovation practice globally.
- Organizing, designing and carrying out qualitative fieldwork.
- Carrying out quantitative data analysis of existing secondary data sets and primary quantitative data, using Excel and/or SPSS.
- Perform day-to-day supervision of enumerators.
- Coordinate with management in budget preparation and expense control activities.
- Maintenance of research database.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager and M&E team, support documentation of key lessons learnt and all learning activities under the SUNNY project initiatives.
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the research or M&E of humanitarian or development programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of research, M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards;
- Evidence of past research conducted or contributed tools;
- Experience with mobile data collection (preferred);
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills).
Remuneration / Benefits
- Minimum Basic Salary: 260,244 Naira
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Application Closing Date
Thursday; 15th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives