- Salary Offered: N400,000 - N600,000
- Jobs by States: Abuja FCT
- Career Level: Associate
- Experience: Fresh
- Gender: Both
- Industry: Programme / Project Management
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
ONE is a campaigning and advocacy organization of more than eight million people around the world taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight AIDS and other preventable, treatable diseases in the poorest places on the planet. We empower small-holder farmers, expand access to energy, and combat corruption to ensure governments are accountable to their citizens. ONE is strictly nonpartisan funded by individual philanthropists and corporations.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE has teams in Washington D.C., New York, London, Johannesburg, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Ottawa and Abuja to educate and lobby governments to save and improve millions of lives.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an energetic, smart and motivated Research Assistant who believes in the power of research and evidence and wants to change the world with it. The Research Assistant will work with our Global policy team to support our policy-related activities. Specifically they will initially be responsible for supporting our work on Agriculture, Food security and Nutrition. The Assistant will work from our office, preferably in Abuja, and will report to the Policy Director.
We work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collect, analyze, and edit reports on important policy issues on agriculture, food security and nutrition
- Prepare for and attend internal and external briefings and meetings, taking thorough notes and reporting back to the Policy Director
- Support the Policy Director in our work across several key agriculture and nutrition coalitions
- Monitor all global trends in on our issues to ensure that the team is kept informed of relevant updates.
- Update policy materials as needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or designee
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- A Bachelor’s in International Development, Economics, Politics, Social Science, Agriculture or the equivalent
- 1-2 years work experience in management consulting, a leading think-tank, academia, agriculture improvement programs, nutrition or any related field
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills. Experience of quantitative techniques and data science approaches is desirable.
- Excellent experience of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrable interest in development issues, and Africa
- Excellent organizational capacities
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; French is desirable
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- A can do attitude and a steadfast commitment to ONE’s mission and values
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs. The deadline for this posting is 30 January 2018.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.