- Salary Offered: N600,000 - N900,000
- Jobs by States: Abuja FCT
- Jobs by Regions: Middle Belt
- Career Level: Mid-Senior level
- Experience: 5 - 9 Years
- Gender: Both
- Industry: NGO / Non-Profit Associations
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Administrator OFDA
Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent missions in the field – Abuja, Ngala, Bama, Dikwa and Magumeri (LGA), Borno State
Starting date: 01/07/2019
Contract duration: 6 months (until 31/12/2019)
Reporting to: Country Finance Coordinator
Supervision of: 3 National Staff
General context of the project
Since 2009, the Boko Haram driven crisis (herein, Armed Opposition Groups [AOGs]) has crippled north eastern Nigeria. The Borno State continues to be most the affected, with over 1.8 million internally displaced persons (IDPs) . Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian access in 26 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno but have also revealed the extent of the crisis. In newly accessible areas, basic infrastructure has been destroyed, essential services are non-existent, and most local governance systems are not functional.
In support to the UN-led coordinated humanitarian response in the region, INTERSOS is proposing to continue provide services through a one-year integrated project that will address critical gaps in health, nutrition, protection and WASH services for a highly vulnerable population in host communities and IDPs camps in the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Ngala (Ngala-Gambaru), Bama (Bama), Dikwa (Dikwa), Magumeri and Kukawa LGAs, Borno State, Nigeria.
In terms of health sector, INTERSOS intervention is articulated around two pillars:
- Reinforce the Health Systems, through train for health facilities staff including community health workers, nurses, nurse aids, and midwives on integrated management of childhood illnesses but also on screening for common outbreak prone diseases, case investigation and reporting mechanisms. INTERSOS will intervene for rehabilitation of health facilities structures and procurement of equipment for designated health activities as per the Basic Package of Essential Health Services. Mobile clinics will be organized to reach remote Wards of each targeted LGA.
- Improve reproductive health through provision of training and materials on GBV (included case management at health facilities level), HIV counselling and testing and family planning
For what concern the nutrition sector of intervention, health facilities will be supported to introduce OTP services as part of a comprehensive CMAM program. In addition, INTERSOS will provide furniture; equipment and anthropometric tools according to caseload requirements to the identified health facilities, included mobile clinics ensuring that all identified SAM cases receive the required monitoring and therapeutic care. Both fixed health facilities and mobile clinics will benefit from the RUTF supply.
In terms of WASH, the action plan to enhance hygiene promotion and increased knowledge on safe hygiene and sanitation at health facilities level, but also to improve the environment health through the implementation of a solid waste management at health facilities level, introducing the necessary knowledge, materials and infrastructures for it. At community level, clean-up campaigns will be organized and supported through the provision of materials encouraging communities to actively participate to maintain a healthy environment and identify safe locations for waste management.
Finally, concerning protection sector, the focus of the intervention will be on GBV identification, documentation and case management through individual and group PSS activities, while promoting awareness within the community and strengthening stakeholders knowledge and capacity in GBV prevention and response.
General purpose of the position
The Project Administrator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures, the donors procedures and the Country Finance Coordinator’s directions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Responsible for the proper accounting and administration of Projects funds, under the supervision of the Country Finance Coordinator and the Head of Mission. Specifically:
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures;
- Update the economic and financial status of the Projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity; verify the expenditures are incurred in line with the set work plan and budget forecast
- To regularly check, in collaboration with the Project Manager and the Country Finance Coordinator, the economic-financial performance of projects: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projections, and financial forecast;
- To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spend in accordance with INTERSOS and donors rules and regulations
- Supervise, in collaboration with the Country Finance Coordinator, the other members of the consortium and guarantee that they submit financial report according to guidelines and timeframe set for in bilateral Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs);
- Revise report received from consortium members and compile them in a consolidated monthly financial report to share with the Country Administrator for verification;
- To ensures the correct filing of all projects’ data;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures;
Local staff management
- To manage the local personnel of the Echo Projects funded by Coopita and Echo
- To supervise and monitor staff contracts preparation for the Projects
- To supervise and monitor, in collaboration with the Country Finance Coordinator, the preparation of payslips and monthly salaries payment for the Project staff
Asset management and logistics
- To update inventory records pertaining to INTERSOS and Projects assets
- To verify the correct application of the organization’s or donor’s procedures in relation to purchases and goods management;
Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
- Minimum of 1.5 years of relevant work experience at national and international level working as admin-finance officer, also in humanitarian field locations
- Previous experience in Nigeria and/or Western and Central Africa is an asset
- Fair knowledge of the international donors – mainly OFDA systems
- Attention to details and ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge in computer (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.)
- Ability to work in austere and hostile environments
- Strong Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills in highly complex emergency operations
- Knowledge of communication strategies and techniques
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player
Proficiency in English (conversation, reading and writing) required
- Willingness to accept basic living standards, curfew and sporadic field missions
- Ability to deal with stress and demanding working environment
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- People-management skills
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “SR-49-1060 – Project Administrator OFDA – Nigeria”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview