Sustainable Impacts Aid is a non-governmental organization that promotes innovation, alleviate poverty and improve community wellbeing. Our mission is to better the lives of people especially the vulnerable, physically challenged, children, youth and women; creating equal opportunities and improving the wellbeing of the people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Osogbo, Osun
Employment Type: Contract
- Areas of Interest/ Specialization
- Social Development.
- Program and Project Management.
- Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Employment Type
- 3 Months Contract (Extendable)
- Quality Program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Lead projects planning and ensuring quality programs are designed in line with SIA’s objectives, program quality policy and procedures.
- Provide technical support to the overall program management, budget, work planning and development, day-to-day operation, monitoring and evaluation of work plans to ensure the effective execution of all project activities.
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans
- Collaborate, with technical leads and other teams, in the development, implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Provide updates and regular reports on project implementation.
- Ensure proper use of designated funds to achieve results as per defined indicators.
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Networking and Relations
- Establish and maintain good working relations with all team members and stakeholders.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and networks within and outside the program area to promote plan visibility and quality programming.
- Develop a proper communication strategy with your functional supervisor and the Board, according to identified needs.
- Completion of tertiary education, preferably supplemented by technical/university courses or certifications related to the work of the organization.
- At least 1 year experience working in project/program management and program development/design.
- At least 1 year in the non-for-profit industry.
- Additional Considerations
- Ability to relocate to project location.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to strategically lead, inspire and energize project teams.
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral) including reporting and presentation skills.
- Highly-motivated self-starter with strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the public/private sector and civil society.
- Willingness to travel to project locations.
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Fluency in English and Yoruba language
- To be discussed during the interview.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives