Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Facilitator – Activity Lead Mothers Training for Mothers to Mother Supoort Groups
- The general objective of the training is to promote the national policies and recommended IYCF and Care practices for child survival, child growth, child development and child protection along the continuum of MDM medical care and community engagement.
- This training will help MdM advance in providing optimal IYCF counseling at the door steps of beneficiaries and it will strengthen the community mobilization sensitization approach.
- These goals will be achieved by covering the following training courses: –
- Early initiation of breastfeeding and its importance
- Exclusive breastfeeding in the first 6 months
- Breastfeeding attachment and positions
- Initiation of complementary feeding at the start of 6 months
- Complementary feeding practice for 6-8m,9-12m, and 13-23m old children
- Feeding care practices for sick infants and children
- Good hygiene practices
- Training and engaging mothers on mother-MUAC approach in detecting SAM
- Group discussions, brainstorming and practical by using cooking demonstration
- Activity Report
- And feedback through behavioral change
Summary of Topics:
- The training is aimed at training and equipping lead mothers in the community to be able to carry out cooking demonstration and carry out IYCF counselling at household level
- B.Sc / HND in nutrition
- 3 years experience of facilitation
- 5 years of CMAM and IYCF counseling provider
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and a proposal for interest (maximum of 3 pages), indicating their competencies and experiences on similar activity, an estimated budget, as well as their availability to carry the mission (dates) to: email@example.com using “LEAD MOTHERS TRAINIG FACILITATOR” as the subject of the email
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives