- Jobs by States: Lagos
- Career Level: Entry-level
- Experience: 3 - 4 Years
- Gender: Both
- Industry: Engineering / Technical
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
Title: HR Associate
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Human Resource Manager
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners to access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This position will be part of the Human Resources team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, led by the HR Manager. The position holder should have a passion for nurturing people, finding great talent to join our team, and should care about creating meaningful work to join us for an apprenticeship role. If you are interested in learning about talent, are highly motivated and disciplined, and have high levels of integrity and maturity, we welcome you to apply for this opportunity. This is a great chance for you to gain skills and learn about how HR functions at Engie Energy Access.
- Handle certain stages of candidate engagement during the recruitment process, to ensure superior candidate experience.
- Support the execution of novel employee engagement initiatives that inculcate Company values and boost workplace morale.
- Store accurate employee records in an easily retrievable format and use such information to develop insightful HR metrics.
- Help ensure a comprehensive employee onboarding experience for new joiners and ensure they receive all Company branded items.
- Create a framework to monitor strategic HR tasks such as learning & development completion rates, employee confirmations and contract expiration dates.
Deliverables and Activities
- Candidate Experience– Facilitate some candidate screening (CV and application), email communication, scheduling, coordinating of interviews and in-person office visits.
- Talent Ops
- Administration- Take charge of administrative duties such as printing, filing and maintenance of up to date staff records and assist with activities such as health insurance, asset management, etc.
- Team Engagement
- Event planning– Help plan events such as birthday celebrations, happy hours, team engagement activities, Sharing Sessions, etc.
- Follow Up– Engage team members on special projects such as reviews through phone calls, meetings, and reminders.
- Onboarding- Schedule and coordinate onboarding activities and training
- Learning and Development– Support in the operations of learning and development initiatives
- Strategic Contributions
- Participate in the weekly talent standup meeting
- Participate in brainstorming, planning, and executing special projects
- Strategic Contributions
- Process Improvement
- Talent Analytics: Conduct an analysis of the employee experience and propose and execute improvement plans and initiatives.
Required Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 1-3 years experience
- Commenced professional qualification/certification in Before to HR Internship roles
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make a recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Up to 10% travel required
Highly Desired Skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or. Our differences are our strengths!