Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Location: Maiduguri – Borno State, Nigeria
Company: Plan International
Deadline for application submission: 13th May, 2021.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the Maiduguri field office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws. The post holder will be supervised by the Admin Assistant and expected to work very closely with other members of the field offices and Country office.
Dimensions of the Role
Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc. The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics management in Maiduguri field office.
- Receive all Plan International Nigeria Maiduguri visitors at the front desk and ensure that the desk is covered at all times
- Ensure timely welcome services, information’s sharing and other support services for staff and visitors
- Receive, keep record and dispatch office correspondences
- Receive and redirect all service provider’s queries
- Support the Procurement Committee by receiving and registering all bidder submissions and ensure the offers are dropped in the tender box
- Circulate all internal communication as assigned
- Ensure extension lines in the office are working and that staff are aware of the extension numbers of each office
- Ensure smooth operations in the reception, conference rooms and waiting lobby, and support the Admin Assistant to ensure that the venue for booked meeting rooms are made ready and conducive as requested
- Support the planning and organization of meetings and workshops in the office
- Liaise with activities planners to ensure that PIN visitors lists are provided in advance
- Take minutes of meetings where needed
- Support payment to suppliers and utility bills
- Receive invoices from suppliers, keep record and dispatch accordingly to logistics department
- Support Admin, HR and Finance processes
- Support and ensure adherence compliance with security regulations and visitor management for PIN
- Ensure compliance with Plan International administration and logistics standards and regulations
- Perform any other related duties as specified by the Supervisor
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- A Bachelor degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- A minimum of College Diploma in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives