- Jobs by States: Borno
- Experience: 3 - 4 Years
- Gender: Both
- Industry: NGO / Non-Profit Associations
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Nigeria since 2016. The programme implemented in Borno State aims at improving access to primary health care, including treatment of severe acute malnutrition, care of gender-based violence survivors, mental health and psychological support, and response to emergencies and outbreaks. MdM is running directly three clinics in Maiduguri and two clinics in two IDP camps in Damboa local government area. MdM is also supporting two health posts run by the Ministry of Health.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the finance coordinator, you are responsible for the management of the mission budget tool as well as its ownership and adequate use by the different teams. You ensure training and capacity building of the finance team while working closely with the coordination team and the HQ finance manager.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Train and coach finance staff on accounting aspects
- Support the finance and compliance manager and ensure the accounting system/management is accurate and in line with policies
- Support and train finance staff on administrative documents filing and archiving
- Ensure that the digital recording/archiving of the accountancy is implemented
- Ensure accuracy of the budget follow-up and forecast figures and formulas
- Revise and ensure proper financial plan in collaboration with the finance coordinator
- Participate in the 2021 budget revision exercise
- Participate in the monthly project reviews and provide input from budget follow-up and forecast to the field teams
- Support and train teams on monthly budget forecast
- Provide on the job training on the use of budget follow-up and forecast to programme and support teams
- Contribute to the finance department set-up review and restructuring
- Participate in recruitment processes when requested
- Conduct staff induction and training as per protocols
Communication and reporting
- Ensure regular meetings with the finance coordinator and the HQ finance manager
- Elaborate financial reports in close collaboration with the programme team and transfer them to the finance coordinator for validation
- Participate in the budget proposal/amendment under the supervision of the finance coordinator.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Duration : 3 months
Starting date: May 10, 2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 575 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year – minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility .
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
University degree in accounting, economy or any related field
Experience of 2 years minimum in a similar position with an international NGO
Previous experience with MdM an asset
Experience in multi donors’ budgets and multi-country grants
Experience in training and capacity-building
Leadership and supportive management style
Taste for challenging living and working conditions
Reactivity, adaptability, initiative
Ability to classify and manage priorities
Knowledge of pack Office
Knowledge of Saga
Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory. French is an asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.