Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Facilitator- Activity IYCF And Care Practices Training For Nutrition Staff And Health Workers
- The general objective of the training is to promote the national policies and recommended IYCF and Care practices for child survival, child growth, child development and child protection along the continuum of MDM medical care and community engagement.
These goals will be achieved by covering the following training courses:
- Breastfeeding activities: Promotion of early initiation of breastfeeding, exclusive breastfeeding, scientific benefits of BF and promoting positive behaviors of BF
- Exclusive breastfeeding in the first 6 months Complementary feeding activities: Understanding and promoting the guiding principles of CF and responsive feeding via psychosocial care, promoting minimum dietary diversity and minimum acceptable diet in the community.
- Promoting good hygiene practices and safe food handling.
- Promoting feeding care practices for sick infants and children.
- Long-term benefits of optimal IYCF: child survival, growth, development and good maternal nutrition.
- IYCF in special circumstances: infants with low birth weight, infants in emergency situations, re-lactation techniques for infants,
- Group discussions and presentations, brainstorming and post-it, museum and post-it, role plays, video and demonstrations, PPT presentations
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Post-training course evaluation
- Activity Report
Summary of topics
- The training is aimed at training and equipping MDM health workers on promoting the scientific benefits of exclusive breastfeeding, good hygiene practices, feeding care for sick children and complementary feeding in order to understand the minimum dietary requirement for children 6 months to 23 months so as to prevent childhood undernutrition.
- The training is to enable MDM staffs to provide more quality service to our beneficiaries and impact positive BCC.
- Bsc. Nutrition Or HND in Nutrition
- 3 years experience of facilitation
- 5 years of CMAM and IYCF counseling provider.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a proposal for interest, maximum of 3 pages, indicating their competencies and experiences on similar activity, an estimated budget, as well as their availability to carry the mission (dates) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “IYCF External Facilitator” as the subject of the email.
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives