- Salary Offered: N400,000 - N600,000
- Jobs by States: Borno
- Career Level: Associate
- Experience: Fresh
- Gender: Both
- Industry: Programme / Project Management
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the Organisation provides daily support to more than 850 NGOs in twelve of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO Nigeria Country Office:
Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong regional approach, supporting NGOs operating in the context of the humanitarian crisis within the Lake Chad Basin region. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing the operational offices in Maiduguri (Nigeria) and in Maroua (Cameroon).
We are currently seeking for dynamic and innovative Deputy Safety Advisor to support INSO Maiduguri Office.
The Deputy Safety Advisor will be the right hand of the Safety Advisor in interpretation and analysis of data and in the production of high quality safety reports.
- Regular contextual analysis of the local and regional safety situation
- Drafting of comprehensive daily, bi-weekly and quarterly reports on the regional safety situation
- Responsible for good quality data collection and its verification through multiple sources
- Supports the elaboration of descriptive analysis and helps in interpreting the findings
- Timely delivery of INSO Services to NGOs
- Information and Database Management
- Supports the SA in the management of the Maiduguri office
- Presents briefings and represents INSO in meetings held with interlocutors
- Bachelor in Journalism, Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent diploma.
- 2 years’ experience in research, data collection and analysis, reporting and drafting of communication products
- Outstanding command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the Nigerian North-Eastern region and Lake Chad Basin region
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office packages and use of social media
- Nigerian nationality
Key Personal Competencies:
- Excellent research and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with different interlocutors
Only candidates meeting the mentioned criteria are invited to apply by sending their file to the email address: email@example.com, writing in the subject of the mail: “INSO DSA – Maiduguri”
In order to be considered, the application must contain the three (3) following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum)
- Cover Letter specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements.
- One (1) writing sample of an analytical report previously undertaken
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives