- Salary Offered: N900,000+
- Career Level: Not applicable
- Experience: 3 - 4 Years
- Gender: Both
- Industry: Logistics and Transportation
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
Desired start date: 1st of May 2021
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Nigeria, Borno State, Maiduguri
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Current coordination is based in Maiduguri while a representation office is set up in Abuja.
In 2020, SI opened a base in Zamfara State to start Emergency Response in North West where the security and humanitarian situation has been deteriorating in the past few years.
Security and humanitarian situation in both North East and North West as well as epidemic outbreaks continue to affect millions of live in those areas. SI is responding to the humanitarian needs of displaced populations and host communities through Wash, Shelter & NFI, FSL and Emergency activities. Through strategic partnership, SI also promotes integrated approach with health and protection sectors.
The annual budget of the mission is around 10 million euros in 2020 and the mission has potential for development in its current area of intervention as well as in the North Western part of Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
The mission is fully staffed with 18 international and 200 national personals with a wide range of profiles. Position is currently based in Maiduguri but with a likely move of part of the coordination team.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Logistical Coordinator
- Line report(s): Supply team
ABOUT THE JOB
The Deputy LogCo supply will implement and supervise all supplies operations at coordination base. He/she will organize and supervise supply administrative management, custom clearance operations, procurement, storage management and freight organization, in the frame and in accordance with SI processes and guidelines. He/she will manage the Supply team.
Specific stakes :
- Carry out a purchasing environment analysis at Country and Maiduguri level
- Supervise the update of price lists and supplier files
- Manage the Solidarités International purchasing procedures and those from donors funding the programs.
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints
- Receive, approve and send requests for quotes and internal order forms
- Ensure that budgetary lines related to logistics are monitored and observed
- Supervise the preparation of purchasing documents and draft the contracts
- Participate in the drafting of call for tenders
- Supervise purchase activities, ensuring that SI processes, validation rules and procedures are observed
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods
- nsure that purchase files are complete and archived in accordance with Solidarités International procedures
- Monitor and lead if necessary the negotiations with suppliers
Coordination Storage Management
- Select storage locations and ensure security of those premises
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates
- Ensure storage management procedures are followed. Ensure entry and exit of stock are monitored and documented.
- See that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct
- Supervise monthly physical stock inventory
- Supervise the reception of the materials from all SI bases and from head quarter, following closely each reception
- Organize; Supervise the freight from Maiduguri to all SI bases. Select the best transport mean, adapted to the freight and the security situation
- Ensure necessary authorizations are obtained
Human Resource Management
- Supervise the supply team
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the supply team
- Organize formal team meetings at regular intervals
- Ensure the compilation of price and supplier lists, as well as information in use (import-export, exemption, taxes)
- Ensure that internal order forms are monitored and that the status of each order is given to the person waiting
- Consolidate logistics packs monthly and pass on to the logistics coordinator
- Provide the logistics coordinator with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
- Pass on purchasing reports for closed programs to the coordinators at the established frequency
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Market Assessment especially at the base level
- Renewal of all expired Framework Agreements and launch new framework for markets to be identified
- Update/ensure the update of suppliers’ data base with all relevant information for all bases
- In collaboration with Logistics Coordinator, conduct a SWOT analysis of the mission’s supply chain processes and update current supply chain memo.
- Experience in similar position (minimum 1 year);
- Languages: fluent in English and basic French (additional languages a plus)
- Previous experience communication with HQ and leading a country supply team.
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- knowledge of general logistics management
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience with SI is a plus
- Ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics
- Appropriate skills and experience in the capacity building and training of staff
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions
- Resilience to stress
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Quick decision-maker and work in autonomy;
- Good resistance to stress and pressure;
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills;
- A great team player and leader;
- Excellent interpersonal and capacity building skills
- Remote management skills (delegation skills)
SI WILL OFFER YOU
Salary: According to experience, starting from EUR 2420 gross per month (EUR 2200 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
Monthly Per Diem: USD 600
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of residence and the mission.
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months
- 1 day off per worked month.
These days off, as well as the breaks, are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary: they are offered by SI.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Please note that this is an expatriate position.
The candidate will be accommodated in the guesthouse in Maiduguri. Towards the second half of the year, a partial move of the coordination towards Abuja is likely but conditional to the development of activities in North West
Security context is challenging in both North East (Borno) and North West (Zamfara), Nigeria, justifying specific arrangements in terms of movements to the field.
How to apply
Please send us your CV AND Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?i….
Please bear in mind that we receive a high volume of applications, which means it can take us a few weeks to get in touch with you.
If you are shortlisted, please not that SI’s recruitment process usually includes: an HR interview, reference checks, written test, technical interview.
Eventually, please note that the vacancy may close before the deadline.
If you haven’t made up your mind yet, check our website.