Paruto institute is founded to inspire continuous learning in ourselves and everyone else – without the traditional barriers of location, time and cost.
At the center of what we do is our core values. We live and breathe these values which form the foundation and stand as the pillar of everything we do.
Job Title: Curriculum/Growth Lead
Location: Hybrid (Remote & Office-based), Preferred candidate should be resident in Abuja.
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
This is an exciting opportunity to manage and lead the number one e-learning platform in Nigeria.. The institute is created to serve as an online learning platform like Coursera, Skillshare,etc.
We are looking for a dynamic, well-networked leader and educationist for this important role. This role is notably supporting the drive for greater online learning access and maximising the growth, development and job-creation potential of the institute.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate to coordinate Paruto Institute. You will wear many hats and would be responsible for creating curriculum for courses on the site. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing and revenue goals.
As a Curriculum Specialist, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest trends in Education. Ultimately, you should be able to handle the day to day affairs of this division. You would work with subject matter experts to build excellent online courses in a variety of topics, such as Java, Front End, AWS DeepRacer, UI/UX, and TensorFlow. Ensure enforcement of appropriate pedagogical principles and quality standards for developed content. Performed in-depth reviews for projects and exercises submitted by instructors.
The successful candidate will lead the course instructors and will be responsible for shaping and delivering the strategy for the Institute.. The team will work together to enhance the online learning platform and to attract students who will take courses available on the platform. They follow the example of successful online learning platforms around the world such as Udemy, Udacity, Coursera, amongst others.
The Institute will have two main aims:
- Identify, develop standard in-demand courses that will add to the skills of students who enroll to take the courses.
- Collaborate with both local and international e-learning organizations to make the institute more credible.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create curriculum and instructional materials for trending professional courses
- Participate in or facilitate curriculum review committees.
- Select textbooks and other instructional materials for implementation.
- Stay informed of trends in instructional methods and educational technology.
- Train teachers and other instructional staff in new content or technology
- Familiarity with online learning platforms
- Acting as the lead point of contact for the Institute
- Analyzing and expanding business operations toward sustained growth.
- Monitoring revenue streams and identifying opportunities to increase profitability.
- Evaluating and improving sales, marketing, and branding strategies.
- Identifying and developing new lines of business based on consumer behavior.
- Collaborate with instructors to design effective and engaging technical content, managing and supporting them through the course development process, in an efficient timeframe
- Onboard new instructors to the Institute course development process, and guide them in using our tools.
- Implement technical content in Udacity classrooms, collaborating to develop the most effective technical implementations and environments to support the student experience
- Ensure course materials meet Paruto institute content quality standards and align with style guidelines
- Work closely with local and international e-learning organizations to ensure network-wide learning and evaluation as well as deliver on long-term strategy.
- Analyze feedback and performance data from user testing and prioritize revisions to improve the content effectiveness and drive student outcomes
- Review multimedia course content created by instructors, and make suggestions for improvement: videos, text, slides, quizzes, visual images, exercises, and projects
- “Train the trainer” – During the course development process, informally assess instructor skills and guide them in become more effective teachers
- Lead initiatives and experiments to improve the instructor experience at Paruto institute
- Ensure there are students taking courses through marketing and sales
- A strong technical foundation is desirable – proficiency with at least one programming language, software engineering, and data analysis skills make you more versatile
- At least two years teaching experience
- Ability to review educational content from a student perspective, suggest ideas for improvement, and prioritize revisions
- Instructional design knowledge and experience, particularly with respect to online education focused on technical content
- Learning experience with either Coursera, EdX, Udemy, Udacity,etc.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible, can-do attitude
- A collaborative orientation
Seeing the Big Picture, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
Application Closing Date: 30th June, 2021
Method of Application:
If your experience is close to what we described above, consider applying here
Paruto Institute is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.