- Salary Offered: N900,000+
- Jobs by States: Abuja FCT
- Jobs by Regions: Middle Belt
- Career Level: Director
- Experience: 3 - 4 Years
- Gender: Both
- Industry: NGO / Non-Profit Associations
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Finance Coordinator
Duty station: 50% Maiduguri and 50% Abuja
Starting date: 01/07/2019
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 1 international staff and 3 national staff
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Country Finance Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. He/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures, and is responsible to:
- Ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donors’ procedures.
- Manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel.
- Assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission
- Update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota)
- Carry out a monthly update of the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer
- Provide support to the Head of Mission in drafting new projects
- Check Bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations
- Check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Finance Officer)
- Assume responsibility for local personnel register
- Ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and their conformity to INTERSOS and donors’ procedures
- Be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Finance Officer)
Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferable: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international level, working as admin-finance officer also in humanitarian field locations
- Proven experience with different donor finance compliance and reporting (e.g.: ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, WFP)
Good computer skills, especially MS Office / Excel
- Fluency in English is required
- French and Italian are an asset
- Ability to live in contexts with volatile security
- Team Player
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “SR-49-1056 – Country Finance Coordinator – Nigeria”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.