- Salary Offered: N900,000+
- Jobs by States: Abuja FCT
- Career Level: Executive
- Experience: Fresh
- Gender: Both
- Industry: Agriculture / Agro-Allied
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
Chemonics seeks a country director for the Global Health Supply Chain Project – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and provide health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. GHSC-PSM Nigeria is seeking a country director to provide overall strategic direction and leadership for the GHSC-PSM Nigeria. The county director will manage the development of technical strategies and work plans; monitor programmatic, financial, and administrative performance; supervise the administration of standard project operating and financial procedures; manage short- and long-term technical assistance; and maintain effective communication with the client, the home office, the public and private sectors, and other donors and cooperating agencies. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Maintain strong, positive working relationships with clients and partners, including USAID and local governments
- Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets that reflect the priorities of USAID, the ministry of health, and other stakeholders
- Identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training of field staff
- Ensure the use of appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and supervise resources to achieve goals
- Develop, update, and implement performance monitoring plan that encompasses commodity security and logistics management indicators and includes project-wide performance measures
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead quarterly reviews of performance analysis to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies for procurement and logistics services, assessing risks quarterly
- Ensure compliance with procurement standard operating procedures, including supplier order fulfillment, order tracking, customs clearance/freight forwarding, storage and distribution, and logistics management information systems
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to build the capacity and capability of national systems
- Report project results to USAID, ministry of health, other funders, and the home office
- Ensure timely submission of all deliverables
- Advanced degree in health or management-related discipline
- Minimum of eight years of experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems.
- Prior experience as chief of party or deputy chief of party for a USAID program.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID public health programs or projects in a developing country context
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Fluency in English required
Please send electronic submissions including your CV and cover letter by February 1, 2018 with the position title in the subject line to GHSCPSMNigeriaCD@chemonics.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but candidates are encouraged to submit their materials early. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives