- Salary Offered: N250,000 - N400,000
- Jobs by States: Borno
- Career Level: Entry-level
- Experience: Fresh
- Gender: Both
- Industry: General
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
Job no: 510294
Position type: Fixed Term Staff
Division/Equivalent: Dakar (WCAR), Senegal
Department/Office: Maiduguri (Borno), Nigeria
Categories: Support: Operations, G-5, Operations and Business Management, Programme Management
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does – in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life – in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions – her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens – addressing inequity – not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Job organizational context (Please outline the type of office this position is in, in addition to its supervisor) : The Generic Job Profile for the Administrative Assistant, at the G-5 level, is to be used in the UNICEF Maiduguri Field office. Â
Purpose for the job (Please outline the overall responsibility of this position)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
III. Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks (Please outline the key accountabilities for this position and underneath each accountability, the duties that describe how they are delivered. Please limit to four to seven accountabilities)
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Invoice Processing
- Contracting of consultants and service providers
- Events and Conferences
- Property management, office equipment, vehicles.
- General Administrative Duties
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel
- Assist in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records.
- Invoice Processing
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in vision.
- Upload electronic files and verify results to destination system.
- Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Contracting of consultants or other service providers
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in vision, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
- Events and Conferences
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials in the intranet.
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meeting and events related to the work group commitments.
- Property management, office equipment, vehicles
Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
General Administrative Duties
- Maintain hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information
- Maintain attendance records / act as a leave focal point.
- Monitor the utilization of all financial input requisitions and report to the supervisor for necessary adjustments (over-utilization, shortage of funds, etc.)Â Familiarize with programme monitoring related instructions/tools and report to supervisor for significant changes
IV. Impact of Results
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the admin assistant ensures that a strong administrative platform is provided to the respective sections, which in turn affects the timely and accurate completion of the services provided by advisors and specialists in the team.Â Â
V. Competencies and level of proficiency required (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required.
Advertised: Jan 19 2018 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Application close: Feb 02 2018 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Apply Here: http://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/510294
Amplifying Opportunities, Changing Lives