Applications are invited from eligible young women from Africa to apply for the 2021 General Lamine Cissé Women, Peace and Security Research Fellowship.
In honor of General Cissé, Partners Global, Partners West Africa Nigeria and Partners West Africa Senegal are awarding research fellowships to two young African women researchers and practitioners working in the civil society and security sectors. Each fellow will receive a grant equivalent of 1,500,000 CFA (West African franc) to fund innovative research around the prevention and peaceful resolution of conflicts in Africa with a central focus on women, peace and security.
To be eligible for the Women, Peace and Security Research Fellowship 2021:
- Applicants must be African women with passion for conflict resolution, women, peace and security.
- Applicants must have the capacity to carry out quality research (level of education, professional experience, published work, academic support);
- Applicants must be involved in projects that have relevance and originality of the issue in relation to current security and gender issues.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent leadership abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Women, Peace and Security Research Fellowship 2021 are to submit their completed application file electronically to prix_WPS@partnerswestafrica.org before the application deadline.
- Resume/CV (contact details including home address and possibly institutional address, training, career path and professional project, photograph);
- Transcript of the Master’s degree and/or the doctoral research proposal approved by the committee members/ or a transcript of the doctoral/PhD diploma;
- One Letter of recommendation;
- A Copy of a research work already carried out (thesis chapter, scientific article, etc.);
- A research proposal for the General Lamine Cissé Fellowship (10 pages) including the following sections, in .doc or .docx format:
- Aim/goal of the research;
- Research problem;
- Research methodology;
- In the appendix of the research project:
- Indicative references;
- Research timeline;
- Estimated research budget.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2021
Visit the Official Website for more Details