Applications are invited from young leaders from the African continent for the European Union Young African Leaders Programme 2021 at the School of Transnational Governance, European University Institute, Italy.
The Young African Leaders programme at the School of Transnational Governance provides a unique opportunity for policy experts from Africa to further develop their policy work and professional skills amidst international experts. Selected participants will take part in workshops, training and skills development sessions, conferences, study visits and field trips in Europe.
To be eligible for the European Union Young African Leaders Programme 2021:
- Applicants must be mid-career, high potential policy-makers, diplomats and professionals from Africa, working in national and local authorities, regional, continental, international organizations and development partners, civil society, academia, media and private sector.
- Applicants must be resident in Africa and under the age of forty-five.
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Applicants must be self-motivated individuals, able to present a clear work plan for the fellowship to show what they will achieve during the training programme.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience and knowledge of strategic planning and execution, negotiation and change management, policy formulation and development implementation.
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Development, Business Administration, Law, finance or any other relevant field.
- Applicants should have at least seven years of relevant work experience and must be able to demonstrate competencies in professionalism, teamwork, client orientation, planning and organising and potential leadership.
- Basic grant of €2,500 per month
- Household allowance of up to €300 per month
- Allowance of €200 per month for each dependent child
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to €1,200
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the European Union Young African Leaders Programme 2021 are to send their application and supporting documents in English language in PDF format to the email address: STG.Africa@eui.eu.
- Curriculum vitae
- Short biography
- Letter of motivation (max 1000 words)
- Note with title (max. 1000 words)
- Copy of highest educational certificate
- Name and contact details of one referee
Application Deadline: 31 March 2021 at 23h59 (Central European Time)
Visit the Official Website for more Details