The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh is pleased to announce the offer of full scholarship to suitable applicants to study for an MSc in Africa and International development and subsequent PhD in African Studies.
The scholarship is designed as a combined package in order to enable those who may not feel they possess sufficient research experience to enrol for a PhD programme. The goal of the scholarship is to diversify the scholars from the African continent who contribute original and important research to African Studies.
To be eligible for the Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships 2021:
- Applicants must have received an excellent undergraduate degree (minimum of a high 2.1) in the social sciences from an accredited university in Africa (a Masters degree achieved with distinction will be an advantage).
- Applicants must not have previously received a degree from a university outside Africa
- Applicants must be a citizen of, and be normally domiciled in, an African country
- Applicants must demonstrate commitment to studying for a PhD in African Studies
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential and intention to maximize the impact of their research.
- Applicants must have received an offer to study for the MSc in Africa and International Development and/or the PhD in African Studies at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants should not that preference will be given to those studying conflict resolution, elections, technology, peace building and/or governance in African contexts, although the selection panel may consider other areas in the field of politics and international development.
- Scholarship covers full fees as well as a monthly maintenance stipend throughout the one-year MSc and subsequent three years of PhD study.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships 2021 are to submit their application with the required documents in a single pdf document on or before the application deadline to email@example.com. All applications must use the subject line CATTO SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- A summary of your research proposal (maximum 2 pages)
- A cover letter indicating your motivations, leadership experience and future plans (maximum 1 page)
- An academic CV, clearly showing class of degree and previous educational achievements (maximum 2 pages)
- One letter of reference
Application Deadline: 12 Noon GMT on March 30th, 2021
Visit the Official Website for more Details