The Brookings Institution is applications from scholars around the world for Echidna Global Scholars Program 2021 – an opportunity to pursue a fully funded research project of four to six months at Brookings in USA. The Brookings Institute Echidna Global Scholars Program is a visiting fellowship hosted by the Center for Universal Education (CUE) at the Brookings Institution.
The structure of the Program is divided into two main components to assist the scholars in having impact when returning to their home countries: research on global education issues, and leadership training. The program aims to build the research and analytical skills of NGO leaders and academics who have substantial experience and ties to developing countries.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The Program selects professionals with substantial experience in and ties to developing countries,
- Applicants must have a demonstrated intent to return to a developing country after completing the period of residency at Brookings, and a passion and demonstrated commitment to girls’ education.
- Applicants should have a background in education, development, economics, or a related area, with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in either research/academia; non-government and civil society; government; or business.
- Education: Master’s degree required; Ph.D. or research background strongly preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills Requirements: Strong analytical and writing skills. Successful applicants will have an intimate understanding of education development issues and gender.
Echidna Global Scholars Program 2021 | BENEFITS
Applicants selected for the fellowship will receive;
- A living stipend of USD $5,000 a month while in D.C. (subject to U.S. tax withholding and reporting),
- A paid single-occupancy housing for the four-and-a-half-month term,
- A round-trip travel expenses, and
- A limited health insurance plan.
Please note that this position is a short-term full-time resident fellowship at Brookings (it is not an employee position).
How-to-Apply: Interested candidates should proceed to apply online with the following steps;
- Submit a cover letter that explains your goals and intent for the program, along with your curriculum vitae or resume which will include a list of your publications, and fellowships, honors, awards, funded research, or foundation support that you have received. Please attach curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter as one document when you apply, as instructed.
- When prompted, attach answers to Questionnaire. Click here to access document
- When prompted, attach Research Project Proposal. Click here to access document
- Documents must be saved with a format of Last Name, First Name and document name (for example: Doe_Jane_CV).
- Letters of recommendation, writing samples, and transcripts are NOT required. Please upload Questionnaire and Research Project Proposal in the Writing Sample section.
Application Deadline: February 19, 2021.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details